Monday 13 May 2013

Getting the balance right - commissions and stalls...

It's not easy to focus on several things at once, and I'm starting to feel a little nervous about the upcoming stall at Queen's Road Fair on 16th June.  Will I have enough of the right stock?  Does anyone else share my anxieties?

The main tensions are - what will sell, if anything, and therefore what shall I focus on making?  What if I sell out of something, and no one wants the other items available...(or worse, what if I don't sell anything at all!!!)

I have commissions now to make too - which is great, but time consuming...should I have waited until after the stall to offer my services?   I think as an individual I can't do that, I need to take orders whenever they come along.  Speaking of commissions - almost finished making an elephant!!!

Anyone have any pearls of wisdom on the matter?  I'd appreciate some advice - I am the ultimate Nooby at this!!!

x
Almost done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment